Multitool Belt Grinder Conversion

BarnyardEngineering

Registered
Registered
Does anyone here have a Multitool belt grinder conversion? I'm really liking the idea of a belt grinder for a lot of things I do.

According to the documentation, the 2" wide drive wheel fits 1/2" or 5/8" arbors. I have a Baldor 8" bench grinder with a 3/4" arbor. What I'm hoping is that I can chuck the drive wheel up in the lathe and whittle it out to 3/4" with the boring bar.

If you've got one can you take a look at the drive wheel and see if there's enough meat there to bore it out to 3/4" and use it without it exploding in my face.

Someone posted one awhile ago about loving their new belt grinding attachment, so hopefully that person will chime in soon for you.

Hmmmmm ... Found the Multitool listed from several sources, but having trouble finding this upgrade. Anybody have a web address?

Thanks, Dat510. I found the same "dead end" - didn't even help to register. Nothing on the website. But with some more searching, I finally found the email address of Ewan Gibson, the guy behind "84 Engineering." It's ewangibson84@hotmail.com

I asked him about the availability of the upgrade kit. His reply:
Hi John,
I am out of stock at the moment but I will hopefully be making more in the new year. I will send out an email when they are available.
Cheers
Ewan

I guess others should email him if they're interested in hearing when the kit becomes available.

Meanwhile, there's an installation Youtube video that shows not just how to install the upgrade, but also what it contains. Slick! Just hope it doesn't cost too much ...

Last edited:
Hi John, thanks for his email address and the install video. It gave me a better understanding of his design.

I had poked around a bit, but didn't find it. I can't seem to find it again, but some where during my search to potentially order one.... I seem to remember a seeing a $299AU price. ~ $225 US

Chris

Back