MSC looking up??????

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
I need some thrust bearings and it turns out the only place in this galaxy they are available is from MSC :chagrin:. Since the demise of Enco, I have not purchased anything from them as the price was ridiculous every time I looked for something. Sooooo. I sheepishly :( log onto MSC website and there they were .... the elusive bearings I desperately need. two bearings ...$25 .... ugh :mad:..... but I need them. I go to check out and am forced to log in as they don't have guest check out. As soon as I log in with my old Enco username..... they knocked 25% off my order:eek:. To say the least, I was shocked.

Will look tomorrow for you. I will also check with Abel Transmission, they may have them.

"Bill"

Yup, always gotta log in to see your pricing when buying from MSC.

Just curious, what am I missing, why would you want you check out as a guest anyway? I always prefer to have my order history documented for reference & in case of order issues.

They recently offered me upto 40% off if I register on a page of theirs. I was already a registered user (former Enco). But I could not get the page to work, it would not offer me a submit button. I tried with 3 different browsers. I just assumed it was a poorly constructed page. And recently their catalogs stopped coming after that card asking for the registration.

I am not a fan of MSC. When I login I appear as an ENCO customer and get "ENCO pricing". In the emails sent by MSC as they announced ENCO was being shut down, they stated ENCO customers would get ENCO pricing until August 2017. I do not know what happens in Sept. Perhaps we ENCO customers just get the discount of the day/week/month from whatever the mysterious catalogue price is.

Yup, always gotta log in to see your pricing when buying from MSC.

Just curious, what am I missing, why would you want you check out as a guest anyway? I always prefer to have my order history documented for reference & in case of order issues.

If I am ordering from a company I probably won't order from again, I don't bother to make an account.

David Paine

I too was told I would get ENCO pricing for a year. And, I too, am curious what will happen when that year is up. I've been happy with MSC. I live in Central California and most of what I buy ships from their Sparks, Nevada warehouse and if I order in the morning and take their free upgraded shipping I get my product the next day. If it ships from another warehouse I get it within two days without additional charge. I've compared pricing (with the discount) with other sources and they have been competitive, especially with the two-day shipping.

August is not that many days away. We shall see.

Britt

I'm one of the few who actually likes MSC, well now, not in the past. I get great deals from them (I've posted many times before so I won't repeat here). Not as good as Enco days with discounts but many times I get better prices from MSC than anywhere else.

IIRC, the emails that said you would get Enco pricing for one year was only on items that you purchased from Enco in the past that you would be repurchasing from MSC, at least that's what I remember reading but I could be wrong. That really doesn't do any good for me so I just ignored the emails after.

However there was one email that holds true. It said for Enco merged users, you would always get free shipping for over $49. It does work for me but doesn't matter as I usually just go to my local MSC outlet to avoid shipping charges on anything, even freight.

Back