MSC Customer Appreciation Days, save up to 35% Dec 3rd and 4th

coolidge

Active User
Registered
Save up to 35% on orders of $369 or more - CAD35W

I get emails from them all the time. That whole "up to" just kills it for me. If it's 35% then thats what it is

I get emails from them all the time. That whole "up to" just kills it for me. If it's 35% then thats what it is

I'll second that BIG TIME. I used to buy almost everything from them - they generally have better quality than ENCO. As a big customer, they gave 25% off on everything most of the time. Then the company that owns ENCO bought them and it all fell apart. No more large frequent buyer discounts, and you'll NEVER find which item might actually be 35% off.

Now I try to buy ENCO's best quality first and only go MSC if ENCO doesn't have it. But it is all the same company now.

Karl

I placed an order during the last up to 35%, what I found was items that were already on sale for say 20% off only got another 10-15% off on top of that. I only purchased inserts from MSC, Enco only carried a couple to choose from and I didn't like them. As others have said MSC carries some quality brands that are not available at Enco.

MSC's prices are often listed higher than MSRP. They are not catered to the home shop machinist. I'm just happy they continue to let Enco operate mostly the same. Unlike Enco, their discount is only applied to their full list price & not their sale prices. They say "up to" cause if the discount amounts to lower than their cost you will not get the full discount.

But that doesn't mean you can't get good deals from MSC. They didn't used to have so high of minimums. I'm not sure why but when I log into my account I automatically get a discount off the prices posted online. And if you have a local MSC outlet & are good with one of the sales reps they can give you additional discounts.

My local rep knows me & often gives me deals. If an item is not in stock they will bring it in for me & I never pay shipping, even for freight items. That's why I bought my 7x12 bandsaw & 3 ton arbor press from them, minus the shipping cost, they were cheaper than anyone else. I never order from MSC online anymore.

I use to buy off the MSC sale flyer. Of course if I did not buy from them for 2 months they took me off mailing list. I bought $100s per year, not big deal but steady. Then they bought out J&L, and I instantly lost my several hundred dollar credit at J&L and MSC prices went up, quality went more towards Enco.

I really miss J&L , a fine company unlike MSC. BTW Enco customer service has done right by me on every POS that I have returned for credit. I wish you could tell which Chinese products are crap and which are not, but as long as they take returns and they pay the freight I will continue to carefully try some of the Chinese tooling.

michael

Yup, If anyone is not aware, MSC owns Enco now. My Enco shipment notifications are now from SID Tools, which is what MSC was before Manhattan Supply Co.

I had a local industrial supply co called Rutland. MSC bought them out. At first I was not happy with that as I would go to Rutland for stuff that wasn't commonly carried by anyone else. Then MSC moved the location to a bigger warehouse (closer to my house) & increased inventory. Ever since that I started buying from MSC much more often. The sales guy I dealt with at Rutland moved with MSC & is why he has got familiar with me.

Yup, If anyone is not aware, MSC owns Enco now. My Enco shipment notifications are now from SID Tools, which is what MSC was before Manhattan Supply Co.

I had a local industrial supply co called Rutland. MSC bought them out. At first I was not happy with that as I would go to Rutland for stuff that wasn't commonly carried by anyone else. Then MSC moved the location to a bigger warehouse (closer to my house) & increased inventory. Ever since that I started buying from MSC much more often. The sales guy I dealt with at Rutland moved with MSC & is why he has got familiar with me.

:yousuck2:

Back