Motor Starter Wiring

It spun up sounding normal. It's the original motor. I will have time to check it out in the next week or so. There was a wiring diagram right by the motor and each of the wires had the metal tags to identify them

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Well, if it sounded normal and was not grunting and you didn't have any other abnormal activity, you might replace the thermal or pull the motor and have it tested at a motor shop. When we had the power panel go up it shook the building. When you say it burnt, you are saying physically burnt in two, or it tripped quickly? Also, I think you said that you checked the sizing on the thermals for the voltage change but I can't remember. Was this machine running when you acquired it and it was wired for 208 / 3phase or was it a non-running machine from a barn somewhere? Reason I ask is if the old owner was trying to get it to run on single phase in a barn or garage, he may have stressed the heaters enough that they just couldn't take anymore and failed. I guess I am wondering how immediate the failure was. Three phase motors don't start well when there is a lost phase. They don't run well with a dropped phase either.

Burnt it within ten seconds, it is the b11.5 which is correct for 5hp at 480v

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Try it without the belts attaches. Overloads tripping are indicative of load issues. A short would show up as a blown fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back