Motor re-purposing - Proper wiring

Yep it's a "permanent split cap" also called a capacitor run motor. I believe John is correct you wire the cap betw. yellow and either red or blue, the power goes to red and blue.
You may not be able to find that exact cap value, get the closest value in microfarads you can, a little more is ok. Cap voltage rating should be 165 v ac or higher. Must be a motor run type cap (oil filled)
Mark S.

I believe that is a "Permanent Split Capacitor Motor", typically used for fans and blowers. The missing capacitor should be a RUN capacitor not a starting capacitor. Sorry can't help with the wire colors. I suspect the motor is marked for a single direction of rotation because of an internal cooling fan that works better that way.

the run cap is specified for 17.5 microfarads.
i'd try to get one very close without going under the microfarad rating.
you'll also need an oil filled capacitor for longevity of operation.
the run cap is part of the motor operating circuit, meaning that the motor will not operate correctly without the run cap in series with the windings .
without a run cap, the motor may overheat quickly and you will not develop full nameplate RPM or HP.
if you get a cap that is too much greater than 17.5 Uf, (25Uf or more) the motor may also run hot and may not perform to nameplate specifications
if you were to get a run cap much below 17.5 Uf, the motor may operate sluggishly, draw more current to run, overheat, and or not perform to nameplate specifications
if you have any trouble finding a suitable capacitor, i can help out
shoot me a PM, i'll get you straight. :)

Thanks Gang! Time to start scrounging for a Cap.
Looking at images on a search they look to be about a 1/4 of the size of the motor itself - hehe.

And, at the Estate Sale / Auction this past weekend there were many laying around.
The owner had an HVAC biz, and I didn't pay any attention or give any thought to grabbing a few...
(where's that 'head smacking icon'?):bang head:

Scrounging this afternoon, all I came up with is 50uf 'starter' out of an old craftsman garage door opener.
Then thought a big ol' 1/2 hp Century might yield something - nope, got the cover off and the cap was gone.
I could have sworn I had a box of some laying around somewhere. . .

Back