Motor for PM-45 Hand Crank?

That is the setup i did on my pm-45. I got the wheelchair motor from e-bay for 50.00, its a 24 volt motor running on 12 volts and it runs about 100 RPM. I put a switch box on the front of the the mill to turn the charger on and off and a momentary three way switch for the power up & down. I fabicated the mount from 3/16 steel. I got the timming belt and pulleys from mcmaster carr. I have had it on the machine for about a month and it works great.

Gotmax59

Nice setup. Can you give me some more information on which wheelchair motor you ordered and also the parts you ordered from mcmaster, HF and the control box?

Thanks Skeeter

The charger i used was a #66738 H F on sale for 34.99 and i'm running it on the 55 amp start side. The wheel chair motor is a 24 volt but you can run it 12 volts, that way it runs slower. I will get you a number on the motor. I looked on e-bay but i did not see any like the one i used. The timing pulley numbers are. 6495K16 for two and the belt was 6484K111 ( 13.5 O C ). As for the control box i used a steel power box from home depot and made a cover for it and the two switches. One switch turns on the charger and other is a three way momentary for the up and down. I also put a power on light in the circuit so i would not forget to turn the charger off. I got the switches form NAPA. Hope this helps.

The motor is a Permobil 313934-99-1

Last edited:
Back