More rigidity on my 9X20 Jet

Johnwright

Wannabe machinist
Registered
From my post you'll know I'm new to machining, but here goes: QUESTION, is there any, bolt-on 4 bolt compound clamps and QCTP available for my, 14 year old Jet (BD920N) available? My saddle is right at 6.7mm below centerline and no thread I have found gives me any confidence in ordering any parts to suit my machine. I certainly want to increase the size of the mount bolt but I also want a QCTP that will fit. Maybe some part numbers and manufacturer name. I'd love to have a milling machine, then even I could muddle thru and adapt new parts to the Jet. Again, thx. to the members with input regarding my spindle switch issues.

I don't think that there are any available commercially, but lots of people have made their own 4 bolt plates (Steve Bedair has an awesome 9x20 mod website). It might require some creativity, but you should be able to do it on the lathe if you have a 4 jaw.

Thanks for the replies folks, now to find the time to work on it.

LMS has about all there is for the 9x20 machines. You should also join the Yahoo 9x20 group - lots of info contained in that group.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/9x20Lathe/info

I use a Phase II AXA QCTP on my 9x20. Fits good, no mods to the cross slide.

ToolPostAdapterA.jpg

Sleeve fits over the existing tool post thread, aluminum part threads down on post support and locks QCTP in place. Fancy handle is a 5/16" bolt.
ToolPostAdapterB.jpg

ToolPostAdapterC.jpg

ToolPostAdapterA.jpg

ToolPostAdapterB.jpg

ToolPostAdapterC.jpg

Back