• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

MORE BRIDGEPORT M HEAD QUESTIONS

Currahee26

Iron
Registered Member
Greetings!

The mill is up and running fine. I have a question about the COLLETS /SPINDLE SIZES. I have a set of collets that are Morse Taper #2 that fit the M head spindle I have. They are limited to 1/2 inch max.

What device am I looking for that will allow me to use the MT #2 spindle main hole size and drawbar, but use BIGGER milling bits? I'm presuming there is an ADAPTER to do just this sort of upgrade, but I don't know what I'm looking for by NAME. I see spindle CHUCK adapters but they don't tell me much as to how they are used. (On eBay) I have a MT keyed Jacobs drill bit chuck but it is limited in size and accuracy. It is NOT drawbar tightened.

Any suggestions or mfg names/styles I am looking for?
Thanks
Dave

markba633csi

You could also get a MT2 to ER collet chuck and just buy the collet sizes you need. May have to make a new drawbar.
ER25 goes to 5/8"
ER32 goes to 3/4" I think
Mark

Currahee26

Iron
Registered Member
WOW!< Great information! I had an idea this is what I wanted but could never find an adequate description of these adapters to pull the trigger on.

Thanks gentlemen for your help and information
Dave

Silverbullet

Hi welcome to the site. The er32 will work well and is easier then changing the morse collets . Nice little mill will do lots of work , make a fly cutter to use , every mill needs one . Easy project and can be made in lots of ways.