Modified South Bend Collet Rack

Old Iron

Active User
Registered
The bed bracket is from a 10" S.B. I silver soldered in a V shaped piece of steel and milled it to fit the Leblond Lathe Painted every thing and placed it in its new home.

I've slowly been getting some square collets off ebay and I'm going to get a full set of round and hex.
That way when I'm gone SWMBO can get a good price out of the machine with all the extra tooling.

Paul

South Bend Clamp.JPG Double Racks.JPG Square Collets.JPG

Nice job Paul, Funny you should post this project as Philco just stopped by my shop a few days ago and gave me one of those South Bend collet holders, it also has another holder of some type on it. Benny says it's for the collet drawbar.

Prolly is if the whole is about 2" with a cut out in it, I have one on my South Bend If the mounting whole takes 3/8 pipe I have another collet rack.

Let me know if you need it.

Paul

That rack looks really nice, and the install looks factory :thumbsup:

Seems like everyone that has one of those got it from someone that had no use for it! I got one just like the one pictured, but mounted it to the bed of my Atlas 12". I love it.

They are great to have this one uses 3/8 pipe while the one on my south bend has 1/4 pipe longs as it works.

Paul

Back