Missing Grizzly Ownersmanual

Stiaan

Registered
Registered
Hi
I`ve been looking for a owners manual or operators manual for my 1980`s Grizzly 10' X 26' lathe. I did find a few shops where I can buy it from , but recon that there would be some one some where that might have it on PDF and might be able pass it on to me as well.
I want to first get my basic knowledge in place , other wise I will have to many stupid questions Regards.
Stiaan

There is no such animal as a "Stupid Question". That term is only a myth in the mind of the person asking the question. You may still be able to get that manual from Grizzly. Contact customer service.

"Billy G"

What's the model number?

Hi

Sorry for the delay since I have seen your reply.
It has been hectic at my office with the Christmas holiday spirit overwhelming every one.

I have cleaned up the lathe and found the name Frejoth which I have Googled earlier today , they are from Taiwan and sold their lathes under the names of ACRA and Grizzly as well. I bought mine from a farmer that sold his farm and brought some of is equipment to town and could not get enough storage space for every thing. He told me it was an grizzly which I googled and found the 10" X 26" that looked exactly the same.

The S/N I found under a layer of dust and grime is 706039 , Model F-560 , manufactured in 1981/08/28.

I`ve cleaned it off and it seams in a good shape , no play on any of the movable beds , the gears show very little sign of wear. However the adjusting knobs do have some play , they do not move the bed or X and Z axis I believe is the term used , immediately if I turn them , but I believe you guys will have an remedy to fix it , if it is due to wear.

Best regards

Stiaan

Welcome, In June, my wife and I did three weeks of camping in Namibia, loved it. The experts will tell how much back backlash either to fix or how to live with. Good luck.

Ray

By 'adjusting knobs' I think you are referring to the handwheels for the carriage, cross slide and compound. It is normal for these to have some play or 'backlash' . This play can be adjusted to a minimum but it is something that we all have to live with to some extent. Eventually you will learn how to operate adjustments with the handwheels to negate the the effects of backlash.

Back