• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest,  We want to wish You and Your Family a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving! Click the "X" at the top right corner to remove this notice)
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Mini Mill Torsion Arm Screw

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

ferlum

Figured I'd post this here in case anyone else runs into the same problem, and as a heads up to check your machine if you're still using the torsion spring arm like me (haven't gotten around to the air spring upgrade).

I had a thin workpiece clamped directly to the table and couldn't lower the head far enough to do what I needed. It was bottoming out in the torsion spring arm so I had to take it apart to get the extra inch. Once apart I discovered that the big screw was badly worn. See pic. LMS has replacements but they're more $ than I think they're worth so I got this shoulder screw from McMaster for much less.

Anyone still using the torsion spring might want to check the screw for wear -- it could get ugly if that thing lets go.

The shoulder screw is 10 mm Diameter x 12 mm Long Shoulder, M8 x 1.25 mm Thread Size

McMaster PN 92981A300

[6]
5 [7]