Mini Mill Dro

Wagner

Thank you. This will take a little bit of study and decision making. Haven't dealt with electronics of this type since the mid '80s
when I was monitoring banks of soil testing apparatuses (apparati? apparatus?) using Commodore 64's for data collection.
I'm not used to this new-fangled gadgetry you youngsters are using these days. But seriously, I'd really like to play around with
the Arduino's and this could be a good starting point. Thanks again and keep on swarfing.

Chuck the grumpy old guy

As a NOB I hate asking for something my very first post but.... I'm very interested in building the MillDROZ project. I have a few encoders on the shelf so I'm part way there already. I downloaded the MillDROZ.txt file and cut and pasted it into Arduino IDE and it wouldn't even try to compile. Something is being lost in translation. Would it be possible to get a copy of the .ino file emailed to me so I can see if that will fly.

Jerry

Sure Jerry, I will try posting the ino file again, but .ino files are not allowed. Renamed it again to .txt. You have to rename it to .ino and place it on a folder named MillDroZ under your working arduino folders.

I've just compiled the code on Arduino 1.6.4; works ok.

It needs the library LedControl. Get it at the arduino website. (https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Libraries)

If it still not work, send me a email to wmbuskerATgmailDOTcom and I will reply with the code.

Wagner

Attachments

• MillDROZ.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 46
Wagner, you were right. I have the current version of IDE 1.6.6 but it turned out my LEDCONTROL libary hadn't been updated for some reason. Compiled just fine this time. Thanks for the info.

Jerry

Hello can somebody help with the MillDROZ i want to mesure 1/100 mm
how can i do move the dot to the fourth digit?
600ppr encoder direct on the 5mm pitch ballsrew

Hy takis.karas,

For a 600 ppr encoder connected directly to a 5 mm pitch screw, you will have 2400 pulses per revolution (600 ppr * 4 interruptions per pulse). To read 500 (5.00 mm) on the display, use the factor 0.2083333 on the code. (500/(600*4))

Edit the code from:

#define SCF 4.000000 // Encoder factor (1/((600*4)/(12*0.08))*10000)

To:

#define SCF 0.208333333 // Encoder factor 5 mm pitch, 600 * 4 pulses/rotation 1/100 mm resolution (500/(600*4))

To change the decimal point position, rewrite the function ThrDsp as follows: (copy/paste)

void ThrDsp(void) // Display measure
{
long v;
int i,n,m;

n=0;
v=DroMea;
if(v<0)
{
n=1;
v*=-1;
}
for(i=0;i<8;i++)
{
m=v%10;
switch(i)
{
case 0:
case 1:
lc.setDigit(0,7-i,m,false); // normal
break;
case 2:
lc.setDigit(0,7-i,m,true); // true = decimal point
break;
case 3:
case 4:
case 5:
case 6:
case 7:
if(v)
lc.setDigit(0,7-i,m,false); // normal
else
{
if(n)
{
n=0;
lc.setChar(0,7-i,'-',false); // negative
}
else
lc.setChar(0,7-i,' ',false); // blank
}
break;
}
v/=10;
}
}

Wagner

Thank you for the fast reply
the tree digits move to the left, in the beginning of the 8 digit display
takis.karas

Hy takis.karas,

Sorry, but I don't understand; are you still having problems ?

Wagner

Back