Milling task.

Isn't it just to turn the piece 90 degrees after making the top and bottom if you use a machine vise ? :thinking:

A manual vertical mill is well suited for making squares and rectangles, clamp it down through the center hole and mill it square.
If you don't go overboard with the depth of cut and step over it won't move, space it up off the table a bit.

2mi292d.jpg

2mi292d.jpg

2mi292d.jpg

A manual vertical mill is well suited for making squares and rectangles, clamp it down through the center hole and mill it square.
If you don't go overboard with the depth of cut and step over it won't move, space it up off the table a bit.

2mi292d.jpg

Hi

Thanks. I started exactly like this and still working on it. Being a mini-mill it is taking a long time. Of course time is plenty here and so it is ongoing. I can not do it in one setting because my mill does not have 6 inch movement in frnt to back direction. I will have to do it in 4 settings. I guess I will indicate it for each setting to get 90 degree as suggested by another person.

Thanks and wishing you HNY
Prasad

2mi292d.jpg

2mi292d.jpg

Guys, here is where I reached using various excellent replies I received. It is now square but needs more machining on the lathe before I get back to my mill fore finish milling. Thanks all,
Prasad

PS. The picture is showing the milling task at its last stage. I took this picture just before the last piece fell down. The milled surface is not as good as I want but I have allowance for further milling. It now will fit into my milling vise.

CAM00104.jpg

Last edited:
Back