Milling attachment, (taig?)

D

Douglasr

Forum Guest
Register Today
I would like some advise on wether or not the small milling attachment ($70.00) is worth the investment. I would only do lite cuts and do not have funding for a milling machine. Some guy on another forum tried to convince me to use a drill press but even I knew better than that. Thanks for your input

I would like some advise on wether or not the small milling attachment ($70.00) is worth the investment. I would only do lite cuts and do not have funding for a milling machine. Some guy on another forum tried to convince me to use a drill press but even I knew better than that. Thanks for your input

For $70 you can always resell it. Drill presses are better for plunge cutting (drilling) the bearings usually are not heavy enough for milling. Good luck

I have one of these small taig milling attachments. I use it often but not so much for milling. I have used it for milling a notch on the end of a tube for mitering joints and mostly for holding the end of a flex shaft tool. This I use for drilling tone holes in bagpipe chanters and whistles. It is also useful in this configuration for slotting and cross drilling. It is well made, all machined aluminum, but if you clamp down too tightly you will flex the side and make things difficult to work. For the $70 it is a good piece of equipment to have and will work to mill very small items (2"x2"x2").

Aaron

Thanks for the info, I think I'll get it for Christmas

Back