Miller Extreme 625 Power Problem(s) Help Needed

poppaclutch

Active User
Registered
I was about to cut (cnc) something with my Miller Extreme 625 when I noticed the power supply cord was not plugged in. This has happened before and what I will usually do is turn the plasma switch off then plug in the power supply and turn the power switch back on. This time I forgot to turn the power switch off and wouldn't you know it, a lead had come loose in the 230 v male plug and shorted when I went to plug it into the 230 v female receptacle. All I have now is power to the lights on the front of the plasma torch, but no fan and no plasma arc.
I have tested the switch, both in and out of the cabinet. In (the cabinet) I get some resistance, diagonally, between the poles. Disconnected from the unit, I only get resistance between top and directly under poles, when touching with the leads from my ohm meter. (I haven't looked at the switch on the gun, but will, as this thought has just occurred to me. It is held in the on position when in CNC mode.)
Can't seem to find any internal fuse?
I have looked at the control board and noticed no burns, however what I believe to be a Mosfet resistor, might be questionable. I have had trouble with these (Mosfet Resistors), in the past, on my HF 7" Mini Lathe.
Any help, ideas, comments will be much appreciated.

Check your wall plug.

I personally hate those 50 amp welder plugs. I've been replacing mine with twist lock plugs.

Back