Mill Rite On Portland OR CL

Hi ER , welcome and good luck with your mill. Take your time clean and replace the motors and wiring. Be careful with the windings to not scratch any of the varnish off them. I would guess the may need switches and cords even a capacitor or two. Nice to have a nice mill like that have fun and please be safe.

I knew that was a good deal, should be fun to run! Are you keeping the oil pan and pump? It does limit your vertical travel a little bit I think.
Mark S.

I knew that was a good deal, should be fun to run! Are you keeping the oil pan and pump? It does limit your vertical travel a little bit I think.
Mark S.
Its been fun already! I'm not sure about the pan/pump. I've already found the pan to be convienient, but the pump doesn't seem to have a plug so it'll need me to figure stuff out first :)

The limit in the Z axis has notn bothered me yet to be honest, I've been doing small stuff so far.

Oh wait! No pictures? Must have pictures. You knowthe rule - No Pictures - didn't happen!

Sounds like you have a nice addition to your shop. I bought a little Burke #4 last year. Always have fun with it in horizontal mode. They sure made nice machines.

Glenn

Of course! It took a weekend to get it setup, and another week to get a bit of tooling, but it is seemingly ready for work! My buddy has a bunch of steel type projects in mind, I've got a few aluminium, so hopefully she'll stay busy for a while.

IMG_20170813_140230.jpg

IMG_20170813_140237.jpg

IMG_20170813_140240.jpg

IMG_20170813_140245.jpg

Howdy Erich! I am glad to see that mill end up with you, because now we get to see how you go about putting it to use! I considered it because of how much it seemed to be liked by the experienced gentlemen on here.

So, after a few small projects (made a top-clamp vice-stop, a bottle opener from an employer 'gift', and a speed-vice-handle), I discovered I have a 2 thou TIR in the spindle! I took the spindle out yesterday and discovered that the taper bearings at the base of the spindle are actually wheel-bearing quality, not the 'class 3' that Burke specifies, so I get to do that next!

Slowly but surely figuring out how to use this guy though! My projects are slow going, pretty simple looking, and with a number of mistakes/redos, but its been fun so far!

It will be worth it Eric, as long as the rest of her is tight. The old heavy ones are fun to play around with:p:encourage:

Have fun with her.
Rich

Back