micrometer reading chart

If you can still read the vernier you're doing better than me. My 60 year old eyes can't do it. So, now i just work to 1/2 a thou, good 'nuff for a hobby. At least most of the time.

Karl

I do not read the tenth's scale often, I need glasses just to find the toolbox.

Just arrived from a man in a van a few minutes ago a belated Crimbo prezzie from my wife to me .
Other goodies to follow later today , according the the emails I've been reading this morning.

It's a beauticians skin examining , manicuring desk flood lit lens c/w mount & integral on/off light switch . The lens is 5 & abit inches ( 130 mm ) in diameter , is made of what looks like quality clear glass.
Cost £ 43 ( $70 ish USD ).

IMG_5889_zps60a0c1a4.jpg

It has a fluorescent tube light under the head that surrounds the lens to light up what your looking at. It is a fixed 5 x magnification through the lens , picture is taken at about 30 inches away from the can... 20 " from the lens
The camera has auto focused on the lens rather than what you can see through it , hence the blurred look of the writing .. .to me the 1 mm tall lettering is very readable under the lens & looks to be 5 mm tall & very clear.

I'm really chuffed with it , for it means I can now do lots of things whilst still wearing my work glasses & do hands free things including ... seeing lathe work at a more sensible distance from my eyes as well as reading micrometers with it ( which are also coming with my other belated gifts of more boy's toy's stuff this afternoon :victory::thumbsup:) .

IMG_5888_zpsc7d3ec63.jpg

IMG_5889_zps60a0c1a4.jpg

IMG_5888_zpsc7d3ec63.jpg

Last edited:
Starrett offers a neat little booklet called : The Starrett Book for Student Machinists. This has a chart like you are looking for along with 152 pages of very useful information.

Starrett Cat. No. 1700
EDP.No.53218

We use this in the shop class that I teach.
Gary

Back