Microlux X2 Mill, Anybody Have One Of These?

Royesses, it looks great! I recently bought the Grizzly version of this mill, the G0781. Just finished the clean up and break in run. I even have it mounted on the same model bench. That bench is the best thing I've bought from HF.
I'm considering the LMS air spring kit, and maybe the belt drive once I try the mill out and actually make something.
Mine wasn't loaded down with grease. There was enough on it to prevent rust, but it came off easily with WD40 and paper towels.
I actually had the LMS 3990 in the cart, ready to go. I just couldn't pay that freight charge. I am curious why they have to charge so much to ship things.

Royesses, it looks great! I recently bought the Grizzly version of this mill, the G0781. Just finished the clean up and break in run. I even have it mounted on the same model bench. That bench is the best thing I've bought from HF.
I'm considering the LMS air spring kit, and maybe the belt drive once I try the mill out and actually make something.
Mine wasn't loaded down with grease. There was enough on it to prevent rust, but it came off easily with WD40 and paper towels.
I actually had the LMS 3990 in the cart, ready to go. I just couldn't pay that freight charge. I am curious why they have to charge so much to ship things.

Thanx! 6mmBr, I too had the LMS 3990 in my sights until I looked at the shipping charge($200.00 for my location). I looked at the grizzly but the HF was on sale and I had a 25% off coupon. That was about $600 less than the LMS.
The bench is better than I thought it would be. Some HF products are worth what you pay, others are worth more.

The belt drive and air spring kit is what I consider a"must have" since it is a pain in the keester to change out the gears if they break. It is quiet and the belt slips or the motor stalls if you make a mistake instead of breaking the gears.
The DRO's are so nice to have. I consider them mandatory now.

You are going to have a lot of fun with the Grizzly. Congrats are the new mill.

Roy

Back