Micke's Tool Storage Project

Micke S

Active User
Registered
Well, it isn't at all as serious as the title may indicate but it is something that I need. Today I found an old tool storage cabinet with a good size. It is about 4 feet wide and 3 feet deep. It has been stored outdoors for two months by the previous owner and I got it for 85 dollars. It has some surface rust on the outside but not much. The interior is totally clean and free from rust. I haven't decided if I just shall clean it or give it a full overhaul. But there is nothing wrong with natural tear and wear so it may just get a good clean with WD40 and steel wool, and some grease on the ways.

The photo is from where it was picked up. It is easy to imagine how large the boxes are when pulled out.

Skåp.jpg

Nice score. Perfect for end mills and other tooling. Mike

You be a lucky one. I've been looking at a map drawer (blueprint drawer) cabinet for years with no luck
at least on the affordable died. Perfect for storing a lot of different tools.
Congratulations.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

You be a lucky one. I've been looking at a map drawer (blueprint drawer) cabinet for years with no luck
at least on the affordable died. Perfect for storing a lot of different tools.
Congratulations.

CHuck the grumpy old guy
+1 on looking for a cabinet like that. They are great for drills, reamers, and other cutting tools, if they are heavily enough built. Most storage unit drawers are way too deep for storing tools like that. Still looking for the right one at the right price...

Congrats.....very good deal!
-brino

Micke, I got a similar cabinet last summer for the same price. Only half as wide as yours. I still don't have all the drawers filled. I'm hoping to find some label brackets like you have on the front of your drawers.

Nice score.

The cabinet is now in use. I mounted wheels on it to get a better height and so it can be moved easily. The drawer fronts have been repainted and the corroded handles are wire brushed. I'll leave it as this so it looks genuine and not like a cheap "paint-renovation".
DSC05047.JPG

Nice job, not too much. And there's room on top to put more stuff.

Back