Metric Thread Chart

I want too Thank Everyone for those Helpful Charts.
I have Those charts Printed and in my Tool box.Thanks again.

I will not only be drilling and tapping for metric threads for normal projects. I will be Fabricating projects with Threads that I have to Machine for (one off ) Parts with Internal and External threads.

I'm real good at cutting Standard Threads (Example 3/8's x 16).
I will learn Metric threads next.

Because of asking this Question made me Open up my Tool and Manufacturing Handbook.

I found a Chart just like the one in my book On Line in the link below.

http://osgtool.com/_branding/osgtool.com/files/catalogpages/USCTS08 321.pdf

I made some improvements to the table I keep on the side of my drill press: it is for the most common coarse thread metric bolts.
There is the bolt size, the hole size, the wrench size, the Allen key size for cap screws (ISO 4762) and countersunk flat head screws (ISO 10642), all with drawings so there is no need of translations (I'm lazy :biggrin:).
The size is US letter sheet, but if you want the PDF or the SVG file PM me.

View attachment 79587
I believe that drill size for M3 is 2,5 mm and not 2.9mm as stated.May is a typo
Ariscats

I believe that drill size for M3 is 2,5 mm and not 2.9mm as stated.May is a typo
Ariscats

Thanks a lot for your precious signalation!
2.9 mm is the drill for the M3.5×0.6: usually I don't use bolts&nuts below M4 (too hard to see them :biggrin:) so I didn't noticed that.
Here is an updated version of the table.

filetti2b.png

A good table for "Metric Tap & Clearance Drill Sizes", listing even the "Closest American Drill", is on the Little Machine Shop website: https://littlemachineshop.com/Reference/TapDrillSizes.pdf

filetti2b.png

I made some improvements to the table I keep on the side of my drill press: it is for the most common coarse thread metric bolts.
There is the bolt size, the hole size, the wrench size, the Allen key size for cap screws (ISO 4762) and countersunk flat head screws (ISO 10642), all with drawings so there is no need of translations (I'm lazy :biggrin:).
The size is US letter sheet, but if you want the PDF or the SVG file PM me.

Marco, that chart is slick as hell, I like that, just the info you need and want, I did something similar for a speed feed calculator when I got the CNC, but I'm afraid to post it because the calculator part is from a web site.

Back