Mentor in Maine??

Jamiethesquid

Active User
Registered
Definately looking for a mentor in Maine. I live in Brunswick but travel throughout the state and would consider it an honor to get together at your shop or mine

Definately looking for a mentor in Maine. I live in Brunswick but travel throughout the state and would consider it an honor to get together at your shop or mine

Hi Jamie. I'm in Fairfield, sadly, I'm a noob myself. Just got an old Craftsman 12x36. The first time I've touched a lathe in 35 years, when my Grandfather tried to teach me (being a stupid kid, I really didn't care--sad). My daughter lives in Topsham, so I do get down your way from time to time. I would love to find someone to provide a little instruction.

Regards,
Michael

Hey Michael, Great to hear that you are also a newer guy like myself. I also played around with a couple machines in my youth but never really took it seriously. I am currently taking classes at CMCC in Precision Machine. I finished my first semester classes in Milling and Grinding and Lathe. Next semester I am starting CNC and Solidworks before going back to my second level Milling and Lathe courses. Not by choice, this is just the order they offered the classes in. I am mostly done rebuilding my 6x18" Craftsman Atlas lathe. And totally reconfiguring my basement shop and shed to receive my 15" Leblond Regal lathe. I would be interested in corresponding further and maybe we can hook up and learn some things from each other. PM me for more contact info if you want.

Jamie

I see Ron Ginger is in Boothbay Maine. He is extremely knowledgeable and we are lucky that he is a member! Here is his web page: http://plsntcov.8m.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an awesome guy, would love to make his acquaintance.

Jamie

I agree! Kinda cool he worked for DEC. I spent a year at the Augusta location back in the '80s (QC, working the DIP inserter machines).

Back