Members' Tooling "Wish Lists"

I'm looking for a new tool post for my Logan 2527 Lathe. The one I have now limits proper use and doesn't stay tight under load. I'm looking at two choices and am chomping on the bit to order a.s.a.p.

They are both from China so is one better than the other. Should I save for Aloris?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281827797886?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT EL CHINO CHEAPO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300435914635?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT CHARS

Here's what I have now.
Tool Post.gif

I have the same kit as the plunger type T.P. you have a link for. I'm pretty happy with it so far.
It's claimed the wedge type T.P. is better if you can afford a few more bucks.

You have to machine the bottom plate (or nut) to fit your cross slide.
I did that in my shaper.
Only problem I have not run down yet is the T.P. will pivot when tightening the locking handle.
I don't think it is a problem with the T.P.

The solution to unwanted tool post rotation is to chuck the body up in the 4-jaw and relieve the bottom between the center hole and maybe ¼" from the nearest face. Don't need to go very deep - .015 is enough. What this does is to move the friction between the slide and the tool post to the perimeter of the tool post body.

Removing the innards from a wedge type is pretty easy - just unwind the adjuster.

For the piston type, rotate the adjuster to bring one piston out as far as it will go. Grasp the piston with a pair of vise grips. Rotate the adjuster until the other piston is all the way out. The adjuster can then be pulled out. Once the adjuster is out, you can let the pistons pop back inward, then grab each one (to keep it from turning) while removing the socket head screw.

Looking for a D1-6 Jacobs flex collet closer . I have a LO or a LOO spindle mount if someone would be willing to swap 1 for another . Lots of other tooling to trade . Thanks . Dave

Proto J9999PC. My shop’s beverage station is not complete without this.
proto_j9999pc.jpg
The product has been discontinued for a good while and is a pain in the ass to find second hand :guilty:

Back