Members' Tooling "Wish Lists"

That's too bad, Bill. I'm thinking those are destined to become even more rare as they disappear into collections owned by people who have no descendants that will recognize their worth.

Did this auction have a good turnout?

Re: Members' Tooling

author=Bill Gruby link=topic=3737.msg28071#msg28071 date=1317571961
Just got home, empty handed I'm afraid. Those guys are heavy hitters with extremely deep pockets. The Braille Mike went for an astounding $3100.00. That's way out of my league.

Did someone say they wanted a Bridgeport? 4 are for sale here in Bristol. They are in a pattern shop and were only used on wood. There is also a Southbend 14 lathe there. All Aloris tooling for the lathe. Delta 10" Uni Saw $500.

"Bill Gruby" ;0

Yeah, that price seems to be a little "silly" if you don't mind my saying. Sorry to hear it didn't come home with you.

I would love to look at those Bridgeports and SB 14" but the distance is just too much. It kind of drives my a little batty (as if I need help there ;) ) the amount and quality of stuff you guys back east seem to have access to. Out here in the middle of the country those kinds of machines are about as rare as hen's teeth. :depressed:

-Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, you evil tease. ;) I do appreciate the offer but I think the logistics of both shipping and delivery would preclude any real considerations of such a purchase.

Thanks though,

-Ron

Sorry to hear it's as bad for you in Perth. You are right, I should inquire as to shipping but if some of the other shipping I've done is any indication, let's just say I'm pessimistic. :-\ I don't have a loading dock, a fork lift, or boom so a delivery truck would have to have it's own way of getting it to the ground.

Heck, the last "shipment" I got was a stack of foam floor mats that were 4'x'4'x4' and weighed about 400 lbs. That alone was over 2 bills and some change and to add insult to injury the truck they sent couldn't get into my parking lot and it didn't have a lift gate. I had to unload it in the street across from my building and by "unload" I mean that the delivery guy pushed it out the back of the truck into my waiting arms. I gently lowered it to the ground then got my 2-wheel dolly under it and finished the "delivery". As much as I would like to see a Bridgeport show up at my place I doubt that I would want to give it a hug as it was pushed off the back of a truck into my arms. ??? Would be a good one for youtube though... ;)

-Ron

Hi guys, So my drill chuck for my mill has really crappy runout on small diameter drills. At first I thought I had just gotten a crappy cheap set of bits, But its the chuck. So I'd like to find a quality chuck....More important for it to hold small stuff then large but I'd be happy if it did it all. I prefer a keyed chuck but keyless is ok if I can afford it. My spindle is r8 but I'm sure I can get a arbor for most common sizes pretty cheap. Let me know if you guys have/see anything. Thanks in advance, Todd

Re: Members' Tooling "Wish Lists"

I know this is an old thread, but since it's a sticky, I'll play too! Since I just bought a mill, most of what I'm finding I need at the moment is milling related. Flycutter, vise, hold downs. 1-2-3 blocks are something I've been meaning to pick up for a while, and parallels. I have a few indicators, but I've never managed to pick up a dial test indicator. And somewhere down the road I wouldn't mind trying a coaxial indicator.

Oh, and most pressing is a quick change tool holder for my lathe and a 4 jaw chuck.

Thats all I can think of right now. I actually have a pretty long list, I have measuring tools, but I'm lacking tooling. It's a slow process! ;-)

Nitsuj,

We want to see pics of your new (old) Clausing when you get it! Those are very nice machines.

Nelson

Well, I would like a Tos lathe, 650mmx2meters. Also a Tos #4 milling machine. But most, to learn how to use them well. Also, I dont know how to say it in english...an elbow brush?, scraper? Its a big machine with a moving Ram you attach a bit to it and it scrapes metal lineally.

I've got a holdridge radii cutter model 12-d. It is absolutely like new and was only used ones. All the cutters but one is still in wax. No corrosion and in orginal box. I'll make someone a smoking deal. My email is tayloraircraftservice at yahoo.

I really need a smallish mill vise for my Clausing 8520 mill. 4" would be great. 5" would be do-able. Can't spend a ton, so probably don't want a Kurt. Don't want garbage either.

Back