Members' Tooling "Wish Lists"

Re: Members' Tooling "Wish Lists"

When I started putting my little shop together last spring I was basically starting from scratch again, as my last set of little machines was over a decade ago and I lost everything. But, I'm slowly putting together what I need/want. Things I still want/need:

4x6 horiz/vert band saw (high priority, as I'm getting tired of using a hand saw...)
small bench top blast cabinet (more of a want than need as I'm not sure where I'd put it)
6" rotary table (on plan to purchase next week)
Indexer or indexing plates for my rotary table
steady rest
5" four-jaw
5" collet chuck and collets
radius turning setup for lathe (probably will have to make this)
2 or 3" boring head R8
a 3/8" and 1/2" indexable boring bar for the lathe
Co-Ax indicator
decent inspection table, 12x12 or 12x18, probably pink as it will last longer than a black one
height guage
0-3" micrometer set
gauge sets (block, pin, radius)
a couple of machinist's squares, 4 and 6"
a 4 or 6" right angle plate or whatever you call it for the mill
broaching set to 1" or so
one ton arbor press
small belt sander, or attachment for my 6" grinder.

and so on...

It's a work in progress, but I'll get it done. :)

Bill

I've got a holdridge radii cutter model 12-d. It is absolutely like new and was only used ones. All the cutters but one is still in wax. No corrosion and in orginal box. I'll make someone a smoking deal. My email is tayloraircraftservice at yahoo.

OOH, OOH, OOH!! I would be REALLY interested in your holdridge radii cutter!!!!!!!!!!!!! What size is the 12-d (clearance over saddle, compound)?
--

I would be very happy with a 12" Hendey shaper to replace the one I sold in 2003, I've been looking but so far no luck. If I got an additional wish I would go for a surface grinder.
Michael

1. an unlimited budget.
2. CNC mill (Tormach looks interesting)
3. horizontal band saw.
4. A complete tool box like the one Keith Fenner gave away. (tip o' the hat to Mr. Fenner and all the other donors)

jj

My birthday is only five months away and I'll send anybody my Enco wishlist.

Last edited:

I just bought a mill and a brake lathe. I don't have or really want to have a functional machine shop as in the form of a business. I fix cars and if people find out that I can build stuff and it's worth the money, I'd consider diversifying a bit.

What's probably really going to happen, I'll use it occastional to make things for people but mostly it'll sit under a tarp until I need to make a bracket for my race car.

At this point I'd like to get a dial height gauge and shop grade surface plate, a set of parallels, some collets and some hold downs. I have good vice and a drill chuck, fly cutter and several end mills. And of course drill bits.

At some point I'd like to get a really cheap small lathe for misc. stuff that I need to make here and there. It would be so infrequently it would have to be VERY cheap.

A harbor freight small portable band saw would be great but I have an abrasive chop saw for now. Messy and noisy but get's the job done. I can deal with mess and noise.

Oh, and a shop that actually doesn't leak and has insulation. That would be a real plus.

Wayne

Tony, I realize this was a while back but if you are still looking for a face mill I have a few 4" NOS, by Milling Specialties, that I would tradefor lathe time or???? I probably have 50 taper tools as well. I will be in GGG this weekend if your interested.

I'll be looking for some 50 taper tooling in the next couple of months. Not exactly hobby stuff, for the most part. End mill holders, face mills, shell arbors.....stuff like that.

I'm always a bit late for this Harbor Freight stuff... I read a few months ago that Harbor Freight had a three insh rotary table for $59.00. Of course they're all sold out, but If anyone has one, and think it's too small to use, I'd be interested in it.
tha' tha' thats all folks
Dinkin

My "wish list" is for more skills with the tools I have! :thumbzup:

I would like an indexing table along with a lathe chuck that can be mounted to it. That way I can preform some lathe operations on my mill. I have contacted used equipment dealers in my area to be on the look out for it.

Back