imagejpg2-16.jpg

Then came this for a jackshaft

imagejpg4-9.jpg

Fits these pulleys

imagejpg5-4.jpg

And the final result

imagejpg2-13.jpg

imagejpg3-11.jpg

i have some changes planned as to keep the belt tight enough on the auger pulley is putting excessive side load and wearing the auger shaft on the outboard end in the plate , I'm going to add another shaft and set of bearings with a love joy coupling system to eliminate the side load issues and of course some guarding on the belts

imagejpg1-35.jpg

imagejpg3-13.jpg

imagejpg2-16.jpg

imagejpg4-9.jpg

imagejpg5-4.jpg

imagejpg2-13.jpg

imagejpg3-11.jpg

Not anymore , there was a time when we lived in the country that we raised pigs rabbits and had chickens , but we bought a house in town when the kids started to come , so now it's wild game and I buy my other meat from local farmers and small butcher shops

that is slick, I could also use it on my hand cranked grain mill too. Kind of the same principle as a meat grinder, but turns whole grain into flour for bread, brew, or porridges. Been hand crankin the grain mill too long for a simple batch of home brew But you can taste the difference because it is fresher and more heady when it ferments, it also leaves a much cleaner taste in your mouth if you grind your own mash. Great idea!!!!

Bob

sweet drive modification!!!!

just make sure that you turn it slow.
the meat grinder was designed to be turned slowly by hand.
excessive speed or pressure on the knife and plate may cause failure.
misalignment of the feedscrew(auger) is also bad, it puts undue pressure on the feedscrew,knife and plate.
on numerous occasions i have replaced the broken feedscrew tip(the blackened tip) on industrial meat grinders, due to operator or mechanical misalignment.
not a big deal to swap on a small grinder, but if you can avoid the problem, you'd be better off!

Great Idea,
:victory:

Back