Measuring Device ?

dlane

Active User
Registered
image.jpg Hi all , I've Ben picking a cl add for a while now and this is about the last of the unknown to me items.image.jpgimage.jpg
It has graduations to 36"the slider has its own graduations and rides in dove tails, no name on it , it is well made.
First thought is for a lathe bed travel, won't work on my SB 10L , any practical uses for it
Thanks

A really accurate yard stick? :grin: Dunno, never seen one of those before.:dunno: Big inside caliper?

Vernier scale.
Is that metric?
No manufacture marks?

Daryl
MN

No manufacturers name on it , not metric , at first I thought I could adapt it to my lathe saddle, I guess I could make brackets for ends and clamp slider to lathe saddle , it would be hard to see tho.

I don't know what it is, but it's for measuring thousands of an inch. The base scale is set in half tenths, or 50 .001s. In the top picture it reads 21.224.

Edit: typo.

It looks like a big inside caliper that would have come in handy when I was decking one of the jon boats I've remodeled.

View attachment 104749 Hi all , I've Ben picking a cl add for a while now and this is about the last of the unknown to me items.View attachment 104747View attachment 104748
It has graduations to 36"the slider has its own graduations and rides in dove tails, no name on it , it is well made.
First thought is for a lathe bed travel, won't work on my SB 10L , any practical uses for it
Thanks
I'd use it to read out the knee position on my mill. It has about 2' of travel but no dial.

Back