Mcilvania Machine Works Century Lathe

Boy you don't waste any time. Looks great. I guess you won't be wrestling that 3 jaw off by your self:D
Martin

Haha. Will be building a Davit arm very soon, I'm guessing the chuck is well over 100. I am anxious to try out the 4 jaw that is about the same size but the 3 jaw has .00025" of run out so I don't want to touch it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best stop moving things on the lathe,such as the carriage,until you CLEAN OFF the crud that is on the surfaces. You don't want to get abrasive dust and crud into places where it can wear out parts over time.

That looks like a nice old lathe!

Best stop moving things on the lathe,such as the carriage,until you CLEAN OFF the crud that is on the surfaces. You don't want to get abrasive dust and crud into places where it can wear out parts over time.

That looks like a nice old lathe!

Took me almost a whole day to get things clean enough to where I felt comfortable moving things. Everything is running pretty smooth now. Despite how poorly the bed was taken care of it still cuts pretty accurate on a long piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met the owner in 1976. The Century Lathe was considered the Cadillac of lathes. When I was in the shop, there were dozens of lathes. I got to use Century Number one. It was still in service when I was there. The CNC market killed the company. you have a real beauty.

Back