Maykestag taps and dies

Mauzinette

Tool Junkie
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Hello H-M,

Does anyone here have experience with Maykestag taps and dies?

I was on a work trip in Innsbruck, popped into some local tool shops and couldn’t go without noticing that every shop I visited was selling Maykestag threading tools instead of the usual Dormer, Völkel etc.

All the Maykestag tools on display were made in Austria and seemed of good quality. I probably would have gotten me a couple of taps and dies to try out, but I only have carry on luggage and afaik you are not allowed to fly with hand (or power :chunky:) tools for obvious safety reasons.

Still tempted to try these out, but thought to ask your opinion on Maykestag tools before ordering anything.

Thanks in advance,
Mauzinette

IMG_9683.jpeg

IMG_9445.jpeg

IMG_9490.jpeg

Is that your town? Sorry, I don't believe it. No place could be that beautiful..
Edit: I see you were visiting there

Last edited:
That's not Finland! Innsbruck Austria. Everything within a hundred mile radius of there is amazing. Makes the high Sierras look like as boring as the L.A. hills in comparison.

A brief follow-up on these :geek: Today I went to my local hardware store IKH and was surprised to find out that Maykestag taps and dies were sold there :disillusion:

IMG_3269.jpeg

Well, sold while stocks last, as (according to the store employee) Alpen-Maykestag has discontinued the Maykestag line of hand taps and dies :apologize:

Back