Maybe OT but info

GK1918

Active User
Registered
This is Craftsman tractor info. We take care of a water plant (next door) So I use 4 craftsman
tractor mowers, one wheel horse and one 8N Ford 6'mower. Only reason that I do have
Crafsmans is I got them for free and the only thing good with them is the Briggs engine, they
in my opinion have weak transaxles stupidly chain drive, terrible idlers, mower deck spindles
I would be ashamed of. Ok. #1 problem I have is mower deck spindle like @$90 a pop. I have
been making these spindles with 2"back iron water pipe pressing new bearings turning new
shafts installing grease fittings etc. - fun to make miging flanges, all because I can not get a
number off the old toasted bearing. Now I write this for owners of spindle issues. I have found
by accident that Ford product serpentene idlers have the same exact bearing (with a number).
And yes I did mic the old bearing, but nobody could get a match. I am not sure as to the years
which would be the same, but this came off my sons 95 Mustang 302. Way much faster to run
to Napa for a couple, they are cheap press em out and press them in the spindles v/s going to
Sears and waiting for a month. Bless my S Bend for keeping this stuff running. sam

Back