Mauser 98 trigger guard dimensions

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Need some help. As part of rebarreling my carcano action to 35 remington I would also like to do a conversion from the ugly carcano trigger guard to a mauser trigger guard. I found links online where a guy rebarreled his carcano to 35 remington and used a mauser trigger guard. But he didn't mention which mauser trigger guard he used. The link is from 2014 and now way to contact him. I have small ring mauser trigger guards and the screw spacing is off. The front screw is slightly too far forward and the rear screw doesn't go far enough back. The 98 mauser trigger guards seem to have the same screw spacing as the carcano. But I don't know and have not been able to find the distance from the front screw to the front of the magazine, how long the magazine is and the distance to the rear screw. Trying to figure out which trigger guard to buy. There is some welding involved to make the mauser trigger guard.

The arisaka Type I trigger guard would work because the Type I is a carcano with a mauser style trigger guard and the trigger guards are interchangeable. Finding one of those is nigh on to impossible.

Anybody have a 98 mauser trigger guard that they could measure for me?

A Arisaka Type I trigger guard showed up on Ebay. It is on its way to me. That is better than having to modify a mauser trigger guard.

Back