Material storage cart

IHinIN

Registered
Registered
I built this low profile cart that fits under a storage shelf in my shop. I get a lot of scraps from work (mostly tubing and angle) that get thrown out and I’m always building something so I needed somewhere to keep it out of the way. Even the cast iron casters on it were tossed out at work. The rest was thrown together with wood leftovers from previous projects.
IMG_2113.jpegIMG_2112.jpeg

I need to do something like this. I have a lot of racks / shelves and I hate putting stuff under them because it's a pain to get to, and it just becomes an area that collects dirt / chips / grinding dust. This looks like a reasonable solution. Now I just need some wood leftovers...

GsT

I built this low profile cart that fits under a storage shelf in my shop. I get a lot of scraps from work (mostly tubing and angle) that get thrown out and I’m always building something so I needed somewhere to keep it out of the way. Even the cast iron casters on it were tossed out at work. The rest was thrown together with wood leftovers from previous projects.
View attachment 472112View attachment 472111
I like the use of “dead space,” but all I can envision is all the lost fasteners & bits that roll under there.

I like the use of “dead space,” but all I can envision is all the lost fasteners & bits that roll under there.
So your saying with this type of storage, you will always know where to find Sharpies and 10mm sockets :)

Oh. I'm stealing that idea!

Back