-manualsonline.com Legit?

ARKnack

Registered
Registered
Like most of you, I do a internet search for manuals for my acquired toys. :beguiled: I keep running across this site -manualsonline.com- or -pdfph.com-. I have never downloaded anything from them because they what to install a loader program. Very suspicious looking. To many redirects. It also appears that they have to many manuals I need. Sorta like to good to be true. Has anyone actually used these sites? If so are the legit? Personally I don't believe they have these manuals and will just lead to SPAM city.

In general, any website that requires you to install their loader software or wants information from you is not one that I would use. I would rather pay for the manual from a site like Amazon or some other site. Any site that forces redirects is suspect.

I usually back out from those sites that offer to help me. Many times they are just helping themselves and some times to your stuff. It is interesting how my antivirus software gets active after visiting some of those sites.

I believe those types of sites are the scourge of the internet, just there to bait you and hurt you for their own notorious needs.
(...and unfortunately it must work as more keep showing up every time I look for manuals.)

I know there is a place here to upload manuals, is there a fixed place to request manuals?
Maybe that way we could help each other out.......
-brino

I have used this site for older machines, including Sears/Craftsman:

http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/pubs.aspx

If you cannot download or view what you want, just sign up for free. This is not the homepage, it is a list of publications available. Choose the manufacturer, when that page opens, you can click on the category at the top to put in the order you want making it easier to navigate.

Just recently purchased a Frejoth 1340 lathe. I think the vintage is 1993. It needs a little TLC and a few parts. I have been trying to find a manual on this machine for a while now with no luck. I contacted manualsonline as they showed they had the manual. To make a long sad story short I sent them the money and never heard a word from them. I'm working with paypal now trying to get myoney back.

If anyone knows about this lathe or has a manual I would gladly pay for a copy.

Thanks, Barry

I contacted manualsonline as they showed they had the manual. To make a long sad story short I sent them the money and never heard a word from them. I'm working with paypal now trying to get myoney back.

If anyone knows about this lathe or has a manual I would gladly pay for a copy.

Thanks, Barry

I guess Barry's experience tells the tale! Like someone else said, I would pay a reputable seller for a manual rather than end up with a bunch of headaches by trying to save a buck or two.

Sadly, was the only place I found that said they had a manual

Barry

Back