Manual Sherline 2000 Mill Axis Lock Troubles

The Y-axis lock on a Sherline mill is not rock solid but when engaged it will keep the table from moving due to vibration. Well, at least in my experience. If you want to lock it down hard then make a short insert from brass with one end square and the other end angled at the same angle as the dovetail. When the screw presses on the square end of that insert it will lock the Y-axis down solidly.

I've never needed to use something like that on my mill. The table doesn't seem to move in use.
Hi Mikey,
Hello, it’s been awhile…(I remember your name as I believe it was you that told me “You need to get a Mill”! I very happy I took your advice!! If it’s not too much trouble & you get a chance could you show me the (Brass Insert) you mention above…or was it a “In Theory Deal”
Also I haven’t started squaring this Brand New Machine up yet…I purchased a Set of Tools/gauges for this & when they arrive I might need some advice as to the best way of using them (Still a GreenHorn - just a lighter shade of Green Now)
Thank U Sir
Lee

Back