Making Chips on my Bridgeport

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Got it oiled up and fired up, runs very smooth & quiet. So I put a 2 flute 1/2" HSS cutter in it and made .060 deep cuts cutting on both sides of the cutter in aluminum and it had no chatter & was as smooth as a baby's but. I'll post a video later today.

This thing is like a sex toy:biggrin::drool::lmao:

good deal Charley, looking foward to watching the video

Got it oiled up and fired up, runs very smooth & quiet. So I put a 2 flute 1/2" HSS cutter in it and made .060 deep cuts cutting on both sides of the cutter in aluminum and it had no chatter & was as smooth as a baby's but. I'll post a video later today. This thing is like a sex toy:biggrin::drool::lmao:

Yeah, but nobody'd think you're strange for staring and fondling the mill. :p Good going, Charley!

Kudo's to you Charley (Benny too!), I'll bet it makes that Burke seeem like it was a toy in comparison.
Bob

Bob I'm ecstatic never really felt the true excitement until I actually made some chips, I gotta do a motor swap on it and get to my shop then my excitement will really be hard to contain :biggrin:

Here's a simple/poor video of it making it's first chips after the Quill transplant, I did a quick hillbilly tram job, used a Starret combination square and squared the quill to the table. It cut the piece really square in both directions.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XWCWtDrRceE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems embedding videos does not work:headscratch::yikes:

Charley, I did watch the video, and it was good enough to see some chips flipping out of there. It looks good to me! Why are you changing out the motor; It sounded good to me...??
Bob

Charley, I sure do hope you can talk the owner into making it available, it would certainly make more sense than changing motors. Again, I'm really happy for you, and progress you and Benny made on the mill.
Bob

Back