Making Chips is a Stress Reliever!

Pontiac Freak

Active User
Registered
Got home from a rough day at the job and fired up the mill for some surfacing on a plate for my rear axle and before you knew it I was smiling and not wanting to quit. Sure do like my new found hobby ;D

Does it make you smile as well?

Ed

I thought I was your friend? Will you be my friend?

One thing about these groups is that it allows us to have friends all over the world that have common interest to ourselves. We may not be able to BS face to face, but we can interact over the distances.

I know I have met many new friends this way and these are friends I would have never met any other way.

Walter

Yes, so few people do anything creative/constructive anymore that almost all my friends of similar interests are online.

Conrad

I am fortunate in that I have a steady stream of clients every day that are creative and constructive in many different mediums.

I deal with craftsmen and women that work with wood, plastic, metal, glass, stone, epoxy and any other material that can be shaped or made into something. Occasionally I am just fixing their broken tools and do not know more about them that their tool is busted, but more often than not, we are discussing their work and how I can help in making their job easier. That is one of the best perks to my job that I have, the interaction and sharing of knowledge, I learn and and the same time I teach.

More than once I have had clients bring me a list of tools and leave without even one of the items on their list. They do however leave with the tools needed to do what they really wanted to do in the first place. When they rely on my experience and guidance I can usually set them straight and make sure they have the tools needed to actually do what they wanted to do.

Walter

That's fantastic! I'm just starting to learn about lampwork and glassblowing, so there's a whole world of new tools and techniques I know little about and have to learn.

Best,
Conrad

Back