[How do I?] Make A Rear Tool Post.

I started down this path quite a while ago but have never finished.
I built a T-slot plate and attached it to my cross slide.
And started on a block to hold a tool. Wasn't sure what to do with it attachment wise. Think I'll dovetail it to hold a BXA tool holder.
My interest was mostly for a cuttoff tool with the lathe running in reverse.
20161214_115915.jpg

I started down this path quite a while ago but have never finished.
I built a T-slot plate and attached it to my cross slide.
And started on a block to hold a tool. Wasn't sure what to do with it attachment wise. Think I'll dovetail it to hold a BXA tool holder.
My interest was mostly for a cuttoff tool with the lathe running in reverse.
View attachment 141331

Russ, what lathe is that?

20161214_143322.jpg
Russ, what lathe is that?

Shop Fox M1112 basically same as G4003g grizz.

The bottom of my block that I started on is keyed for the t-slot....forgot to mention that. I think non keyed ones will be useful also and someday I'll build more.

View attachment 141344

Shop Fox M1112 basically same as G4003g grizz.

The bottom of my block that I started on is keyed for the t-slot....forgot to mention that. I think non keyed ones will be useful also and someday I'll build more.

Thanks I was curious because from the limited shots it looks remarkably like my LD1216, however this is a Taiwanese machine of very high reputation.

I've looked at a number of online photos of the M1112 and the G4003g, and they show remarkable similarities, apart from a few subtle things like name plates and gear change plates on head stock, even the range of spindle speeds is the same.

My lathe has a right hand saddle travel handle, but that is quite common in Australia, we tend to follow the british tradition, Although the machine is available in right and left hand variants, and is also available with imperial or metric leadscrew. however either way, it can cut all imperial, and metric threads. It's really only for a preference with the chasing dial.

Back