1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

Magnetic Diamond Wheel Seller Needed

Discussion in 'TOOL GRINDERS & SURFACE GRINDERS' started by Uglydog, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Uglydog

Uglydog United States Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Dayton
    State:
    Minnesota

-Return to Top-

Wondering if anyone knows of a source for a 5inch magnetic diamond wheel similar to what you see in the attached manual.
    Mine is a KK Calamar. Now I got her working and she wobbles (on an eccentric) like she is supposed to!
    This video is the same model as mine:
    Accufinish has them for $197: http://accu-finish.com/product/5-inch-diamond-wheels
    MSC for $188: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/09011065
    Do we know of any sellers of these wheels other than Glendo/Accufinish and MSC?
    I'm trying to avoid MSC....

Thank you,
    Daryl
    MN

Attached Files:

4gsr likes this.
  2. 4gsr

4gsr Global Moderator Staff Member H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Victoria
    State:
    Texas

-Return to Top-

I have a older GrindRLap that I paid a fortune for and was supposed to have a diamond wheel on it. Somebody took the diamond wheel off of it before it shipped. The pictures provided showed the diamond wheel on the grinder. Anyways, I was able to snag a couple of wheels on eBay for about $45 each. Thats been a few years back. Haven't looked lately. One of the wheels I bought was with a bunch of junk grinding wheels, had to buy the whole batch. The other one was grouped with three or four diamond wheels. I also wound up with a lapping wheel that has to be charged with diamond. I haven't tried it yet. All I can say is keep looking. Yeah, Accu-Finish is the only place that I know of that sells the wheels. Ken

Uglydog likes this.
  3. toolman_ar

toolman_ar United States Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Birmingham
    State:
    Alabama

-Return to Top-

Daryl,
    I just ordered two wheels from E.S. Dyjak Company, 3801 Stobart Road, Milford MI 48380

Same price as Accu Finish. But Ed offers excellent service and is a good guy.

I got the 600 and 1200 grit.

toolman_ar

Uglydog likes this.
  4. Uglydog

Uglydog United States Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Dayton
    State:
    Minnesota

-Return to Top-

Great information.
    Thank you!!