Machining related magazines

melsdad

Active User
Registered
Anyone have any suggestions, do they exist for the home shop gang? I receive "modern machine shop" at work but it is note aimed towards the type of work we do at home.

Machinist Home Workshop and Model Engineer are good also. There is also Digital Machinist.

"Billy G"

Home shop machinist.
It is by monthly.
I don't subscribe but have purchased back issues for certain interesting projects.

Anyone have any suggestions, do they exist for the home shop gang? I receive "modern machine shop" at work but it is note aimed towards the type of work we do at home.
brian i am a charter subscriber to home shop machinst. and its sister mag machinist workshop. they are both geared to home shop guys. i highly recomend a book called metal working by tom lipton its availible from amazon. you may also like like machinst bedside reader in three volumes by guy lutard also availible from amazon and others. tom lipto has a utube site called oxtools thats great, there are quite a few guys doilng utube videos that are very well done and informative. abom79,keith fenner, and keith rukker to name a few.information is all over the web and most is free. larryr

Check google books for the old Popular Mechanics and Popular Science they are full of articles on home shop machining. They have back issues scanned that go back to 1909.

Back