[Newbie] Machinery's Handbook: "Student Edition"?

Splat

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Any body know what the difference is between the standard Machinery's Handbook and their "Student Edition"? Thanks.

Hey Bill. I know of the Guide you're talking about and this is not it. It clearly states "Student Edition" on the lower right of the front cover, but that's all I know at this time.

When I apprenticed I learned from edition 11. That's the only one that was available to me.

Yeah Bill, and I'm bettin thats because it was the newest edition out! :biggrin:

Cheers Phil

I found it on Google, but it's only $20. Someone who knows the full version would have to look at it to say what's different.

I've seen "Student Editions" advertised here in Australia on eBay and the like, so I agree that they exist.

Having been a student a few years back, I assumed they were a watered down version, like most other student versions of really good resources that are really expensive to buy brand new.

However, older (11th to 14th) non "Student Editions" are around for about $25 (I ended up with one at work and one at home) so I didn't bother looking into it any further.

I've since found and bought a Machinery's Handbook, 16th, Student Edition. Its cover is hard, there are no thumb tab chapter indicators, the paper seems brighter than a 15th edition I've seen, and all info and pages are there so nothing is missing from the Student Edition.

Back