Machined Parts X 8

The required material is not listed on the print. Price would vary considerably depending on material used. If it is steel, is there any heat treat required? That would add to the cost also.

ON EDIT: After a second look I realized that the print calls out Montageplatte Typ A h=6 and also displays this number: 126.00093

Anybody know what those things mean or what American material would be comparable?

Speedy metals only has A6 in round...far as I can tell

Andy, what are these parts for and what purpose do they serve?

Here is why I ask: Machining these parts would be fairly simple and not very expensive, but heat treating them would cause them to warp and twist a bit, possibly making them useless for their intended purpose.

I also doubt that the required material is A6 tool steel, as the print calls out "Typ A h=6" A6 tool steel might be close, but I don't think that is what they are looking for here.

Any of you fellows on the other side of the pond have any insight on this?

There are at least two set-ups involved. One for each side. Going rate is 65.00 / set up. You are at $130.00 so far. Add in 3 hrs. labor at $45.00/ hr. you are now at $265.00 for 8 identical parts.

Montageplatte Ah=6 is a Part ID and number. Ah=6 is not the material. ( Mounting Plate Ah=6)

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
There are at least two set-ups involved. One for each side. Going rate is 65.00 / set up. You are at $130.00 so far. Add in 3 hrs. labor at $45.00/ hr. you are now at $265.00 for 8 identical parts.

"Billy G"

And that is just for the machine work. Any heat treatment would add to the cost.

Andy have you considered making these yourself with a drill press? With some careful layout you could probably do these on your own.

The prices I quoted are my prices. Many are much higher Andy. Try $65.00/hr. for labor, 4 hr. minimum. Also $100.00 or higher for Set-ups. Terry is right, try to do them yourself.

"Billy G"

These parts are for mounting Ergoswiss hydraulic lifts. http://www.ergoswiss.com/en/products/hydraulic-lifting-systems/

I'm guessing they are made of aluminum. They are simple brackets so I don't have to blind drill 16 holes and hope the holes are parallel and spaced 24mm on center.

I contacted them about some other parts and these mounting plates. They forwarded my info and request to their exclusive distributor in the USA. They quoted me $8.00 per mounting plate and they have them in stock in CT. I think I will just order them from Ergoswiss instead of troubling a machinist to make them. The $8.00 price seems more than fair.

Thanks for the interest. Sorry I didn't respond as I didn't know there was any activity on this topic.

Andy

Andrew,

You should go to your Profile (hover mouse pointer over your User ID at top right of any screen and a drop-down should appear) and turn on Alerts for replies to at least those threads that you start.

Back