Mach3 Custom Screen Sets

bpratl

Active User
Registered
Just starting to use and enjoy mach3 and was wondering now many users use custom screens sets and why.
There are a lot of different screens available and I have tried a few, but I would like to hear the pros & cons on the most popular screens sets for Mills and Lathes. Bob

I use custom set for the mill because it gave me probe edge finding capabilities. BTW, once you get things working, save a copy of your screenset and a back up for good measure

I use MachMotion's screen set. Not free but worth every $. I think it is extremely well thought-out very professional and works perfectly on a touchscreen. Before I found MachMotion I used ScrennSet2013. It is well documented and good also affordable, either free or small fee.

I use MachMotion's screen set. Not free but worth every $. I think it is extremely well thought-out very professional and works perfectly on a touchscreen. Before I found MachMotion I used ScrennSet2013. It is well documented and good also affordable, either free or small fee.
Thanks for the input, I will check these out.

I use Dave Bagby's MachStdMill screens. They have a lot of probing routines built in, and I like teh way they are laid out.

I use Dave Bagby's MachStdMill screens. They have a lot of probing routines built in, and I like teh way they are laid out.
Thanks, looks interesting, I guess there is a lot to choose from.

awander,

Do you have a link to Dave's screen sets?

Thanks. I downloaded the std screen set.

The professional price is pretty reasonable.

I'm working on the retrofit on my mill and hen I get it up and running I'll be talking to you about how the probing routines work.

I'd like to buy a probe and digitize some parts using my mill.

There is a cheap probe on Ebay for about $80 with a .005 resolution, and Tormach has one for a little under $300 with .001 resolution. I'll start of with the less expensive one and learn with it first.

Back