Mach 3 Mill Problems

papermaker

Active User
Registered
I've been running Mach 3 on my bench top milling machine long enough that I've forgotten how to troubleshoot the current issues I've been having.

In the last few day while running a Wizard it stops running in one of the three axis. I am using Mach 3 in the demo mode. Usaully when the occurs I reload the demo software and the problem corrects itself. Not so today. I uninstalled the old software and reloaded the new. I reconfigured everything and now it doesn't work.
You can jog the 3 axis on the computer but there seems to be an issue with the messages to the drives. What am I missing!

Since the jog works, that means that the ports and pins are configured correctly. If it's not a limit switch issue, then it's probably something strange in the G-code. There is a small possibility that there is a problem with the breakout board or the parallel port. I have seen this happen. Also , sometimes a computer reboot will fix the problem.

What about any Virus protection software or other tasks on the PC. Just a thought. Maybe try to check the background tasks? also- Which Mach3 version? Are you reloading the same Demo V or a recent dload.

Ohhh meant to put in- check the Line# it stops on. the Demo stops at line 500. Are you going past line 500?

Back