Mach 3 Issues Now

Did you verify that you can manually jog the Z axis up and down to the expected place?

In V carve we set the clearance to 0.250 not 0.7874 that you had it set on. Go back to the V Carve program and change it to 0.250 and recalculate the program.

While running a program the safe Z has no effect only when Go to Zero.

In the sprocket txt you did have the clearance gap set at 0.250.
If you open a program that you used before and save it then V Carve will remember many of the settings from that program. If you open a program that someone else wrote then write one of your own you have to check if any of the settings have changed.
Every time you start a new V Carve file you set up the material size, where the Z zero is, and where the X and Y zero is located. When you are ready to compute the tool path the first thin you should do is check the material settings on the right hand side at the top. Make sure you have all the settings where they should be for your machine. This is where you set the clearance gap, material thickness, and Z zero.
Until you are comfortable with the program you should check this every time before calculating any tool path.

Ray

Friends over at Vectric Forum have suggested that I may using the wrong post processor. One has written a new code script for a test cut and it looks nothing at all like what I have saved!!
I don't think it's Mach 3 being configured improperly I think V Carve is remembering too much of the similar tool paths I had already generated. Compare this to my other file.
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/attachments/test-txt.131975/

Attachments

• Square2 .txt
    638 bytes · Views: 3
This is my latest and last attempt, it is just a 3.00" circle at the center of my material, it still does the same thing Z axis goes haywire!.

Attachments

• new test.txt
    439 bytes · Views: 5
Are you doing tool offsets? or just manually setting your zero off the top of the stock?

In your code:
N40T2M06
N50G00G43Z0.2500H2

If you are not doing offsets in your tool table in Mach3 if there is any value other than zero for tool 2 (T2) mach3 will compensate for the tool offset (H2) based on the referece zero. This will cause the Z to do bad things.

No I do not have tool offsets. When I print the code I don't see that.
Yes it goes all the way up until it tops out and spins in the motor coupler.

Are there any values in the tool table in Mach3? or is everything set to zero?

How are you setting the Z zero to the part?

Back