Lubricate S. B. CL175c apron

ironhorse18

Registered
Registered
I have a question. First off, the lathe I bought isn't a CL185c, it's a CL175c. So much for that. I have drained the apron of oil which was very nasty. Now I need to fill it with kerosene or diesel fuel for cleaning. How do you fill the apron? I thought it would be similar to my Logan with screw or removable cap of sorts on the top of the apron. There is a stainless looking screw on the top left hand side that appears to be in the correct location, but it didn't want to loosen. So,,, I thought I'd better seek the advice of the experts!

Thank you,
steve ironhorse18@frontier.com

Now I need to fill it with kerosene or diesel fuel for cleaning. How do you fill the apron? So,,, I thought I'd better seek the advice of the experts..
Hey Steve: Is there a Gits oiler to the left of the cross feed lever/ star wheel? Removing the apron might be a good idea. (I am not an expert.)
On the lubrication chart marked "oil reservoir".
Congratulations on the SBL.

Attachments

• lubrication_chart_6503.pdf
    889.8 KB · Views: 8
Hey Steve: Is there a Gits oiler to the left of the cross feed lever/ star wheel? Removing the apron might be a good idea. (I am not an expert.)
On the lubrication chart marked "oil reservoir".
Congratulations on the SBL.

Perfect! I have downloaded the file, and will print out a copy then take it to the shop. I appreciate your help. This information you have given me is really beneficial. When I bought the Logan 821 I was lucky enough to get the original parts list and manual that came with the machine. Now I realize just how lucky that really was. There doesn't seem to be as much data floating around on the South Bend CL175c.

Thanks again,
steve

ironhorse18@frontier.com

Back