Looks Like I Will Be Gone A While Longer

Mark you've been a great source of inspiration here. We miss you. Keep us up on your condition and get well soon.

Roy

UPDATE:
I thought I should update everyone on my progress. Everything was going well but there may be a new problem. I am doing the two doses of IV antibiotics every day and the nurse comes every day to pack the incision on my spine. It is almost half way closed BUT... it seems there is a small pocket in the incision that isn't closing. They tell me this can't happen :frown:. If the incision continues to close and leave an open pocket inside on top of my spine it will be back to surgery :bawling:. The plan is to watch the healing and make a decision later. If all goes well, I may get back to the shop about February. I cannot risk getting ANYTHING into the wound right now and the shop is dirty and dusty ( compared to the house). If I require another surgery.... who knows how long.
There are a couple other high stress factors that bother me right now. While I was in the hospital, my roommate was assaulted in our house and the house was robbed. The other one is my baby brother, 59 years old, is dying of cancer and will be lucky if he sees Christmas. He is the only person I am close to. The loss is hard to take. Hospice comes everyday to give him meds to keep reasonably comfortable. I want to see him again but the Doctor's say with the open incision and the infection I had that we should not be close to one another yet. They said I am too sick to be around him and he is too sick to be around me. If he gets too bad, I will go see him anyway. On the bright side, I am feeling good, but I tire easily. I went to the shop the other day to get a tool and it was just the way I left it. It was soooo hard not to stay there and make some chips. I WILL GET BETTER and I WILL return to the shop.

Mark

words can't express my sadness to hear of the hardships you are facing.
i really wish i had the power to grant health and well being to you and your brother.

words can't express my sadness to hear of the hardships you are facing.
i really wish i had the power to grant health and well being to you and your brother.

x2 and well said. Wishing you a speedy recovery and time to visit your brother without risk. With your positive attitude, better times will be ahead.

I don't know that there are any words that I can offer that will truly help you through these trials. Just know that we all have you and your brother in our thoughts and prayers.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers and I really miss everyone here on the forum. I want so badly to get back in my shop. The list of things to do has been growing over the last few months. I am going to try and get on here more often. Being gone for some time has shown me how important this forum is and I miss the friends I have here.

Mark

Mark,
I'm sorry for your troubles and I'll keep you in my prayers. Ulma Doctor said it best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get well soon Mark and continue with your interesting projects!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stay positive Mark, it helps healing.
Take care and do everything your supposed to.
I wish you all my best.

Back