Looks like I have a decision to make...

With this small suggestion your door problem will not be a problem anyway:

[video=youtube;7_QzqPI2Dn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_QzqPI2Dn8[/video]

:biggrin:

We used the hydraulic concrete saw in the fire service for USAR (urban search and rescue) applications. Our blades were slightly different because we could cut through metal with them as well which was necessary if the concrete was reinforced. Still, they were a great tool but came at a cost that only government could afford.

Paul.

A couple of years ago I was looking for a miller to repair the slot in the compound on my HF lathe which broke when I jammed my cut off tool in the stock. I could have picked up a bench top Mill that would have done the job. I happened to find an Index Super 55 on CL. I called the owner and he turned the mill on while we were talking. I couldn't hear it . I drove almost 100 miles with a borrowed trailer and fortunately he had a lift truck to load it. I bought a 2 ton chain hoist at HF on the way to the pick up, and had no problem unloading it on my shop floor. I've repaired the compound and made numerous tool and other projects and am glad I didn't settle for a bench top mill. It came with a swivel base 5" vise and a few end mills so I was off and running for $750. I wish I could post some photos of my shop. You may have enough room in your shop but not the amount they call for in the manual. The price of that BP sound great if it is usable.

For those that are not familiar with the Index Super 55 if you go to www.lathes.co.uk/index/ you can see some history on the Index 55 and if you scroll done after it's loaded you will see pictures of my Mill. The mill is still supported by Wells-Index in Muskegon, Michigan. After I contacted them they even sent me a copy of the info card for the mill with a shipping date of 3/29/1956 and a gross price of $2371.53. I also ordered a manual for $42.
Jerry

Back