Looking to buy own tools to debur holes.

awaqa909

Registered
Registered
Not sure if I should have put this in Tool Junkies, or here in Q&A.

I'm looking to buy my own tools for deburring holes. Any kind of material. .100" to 1.5"~ holes. I've already got a Shaviv HC1 and some Classic set B with A handle. We normally use countersinks and burr balls. For some small holes we have some worn/broken "Disc Hand Deburring Tool". They were lent to use by a coworker, with another coworker, that I get to use. The countersinks are dull and pretty much all leave a bur behind, some bigger then what you started with.

I was trying to look into getting a cheap insert countersink. Shars website has some. Or maybe just regular countersinks, harborfreight? I think a coworker uses a dial indicator from HF. I don't know anything about brands in the machining world. HFS has some tooling I would like to get, including pins. Are they any good? I never really understood the tolerance on them. I was thinking about getting a Disc Hand Deburring Tool set, but it looks like just 1 is more then what I would want to pay for a set of 6.

I'm not sure if there is a good tool for this scenario or not. Say the part is like a U. Towards the top, there is a horizontal (left to right) hole drilled, but the spacing between the then 2 holes is only .500, what is a good way to deburr inbetween the two holes? Have been using a burr ball but its not that easy to do and the tool likes to jump a bit and it marks up the part around the hole.

Thanks,
Awaqa909

Back