Looking to buy a wire feed welder

The new yeswelder arrived today and yes it does weld. I didn't play with it very long and only on the synergy
(auto setting)

The gun feels good and natural in my hand. The auto setting seems like the wire speed is too fast and the weld is crowned so to speak. A little slower wire speed and I think it would have been perfect. I tried to change to the manual mode but I didn't know much about it and was flying blind so I just shut it off and came in and watched vids on youtube about it.

I don't have the parts in yet I need to weld (new transmission cross member) I believe it will be in this friday. Atfer it comes in I can continue on building my exhaust system on my 55.
My Miller MIG seemed like it had a fast wire feed in the auto mode as well. In my case it seems the auto wire feed was actually pretty good and I was just dawdling. When I started running beads a bit faster my puddle didn't get smaller and I still got good penetration. Give it a shot - you might be pleased with the outcome.

GsT

The new yeswelder arrived today and yes it does weld. I didn't play with it very long and only on the synergy
(auto setting)

The gun feels good and natural in my hand. The auto setting seems like the wire speed is too fast and the weld is crowned so to speak. A little slower wire speed and I think it would have been perfect. I tried to change to the manual mode but I didn't know much about it and was flying blind so I just shut it off and came in and watched vids on youtube about it.

I don't have the parts in yet I need to weld (new transmission cross member) I believe it will be in this friday. Atfer it comes in I can continue on building my exhaust system on my 55.
You'll know when your welds are right in time. It's not as easy as many think. There are many things that come into play, wire diameter, wire brand, wire rating, gun angle, clock setting's, shielding gas, extension cord length Remember grounding and the distance from the weld to the ground play a big part in the process, the welders limit's and the metal being welded. Practice is key.

i need to play with the welder more. So far so good. After the first one being DOA I've been looking around for another alternative in used welders while I was waiting for the replacement welder to arrive. Found a number of them, all much more expensive. The only ones I was considering were, big red, blue, and hobart. I found a hobart ironman 230 for $1500 but it was some distance away. I can still return the yeswelder if I want but I'm going to give it a fair chance before doing that. I won't use a welder much I don't think, but I may be wrong on that. Before I took this welding class I went to great lengths to come up with solutions to what I needed by machining something. Having CNC's definitely helped me doing that.

I think I figured out what was wrong with the first welder. The yeswelder uses a series of connectors on the front of the machines for the leads. You have to have a jumper lead plugged in to make it work on mig. On this welder I had to remove and mess with the lead to get it to work. Might have just been me, but i seem to recall messing with the first one and just couldn't get it to work.

And actually I have no business critiquing this welder with such little experience that I have. I've really just used the big miller at school and there is no comparison between the two. I'm just blurting out my impressions of it.

Back