Looking for the handwheel assy and graduated collar for the compound on a D/R 11

thenrie

Active User
Registered
I am in the process of trying to buy a D/R 11X36, model 25-100. The lathe is missing the handwheel assembly for the compound. Anybody have an extra just laying around looking for a home?

I need the following parts (from the manual):
MCL-584, MCL-593-A, MCL-582, MCL-576, SP-2618, SP-3602 (2), SP-1270​
That includes the handwheel, both handles, the graduated collar, screw lock, and key for the collar.

img004.jpg
Thanks.
Tony​

img004.jpg

Plaza Machinery, they are on the web. Tim

I am in the process of trying to buy a D/R 11X36, model 25-100. The lathe is missing the handwheel assembly for the compound. Anybody have an extra just laying around looking for a home?

I need the following parts (from the manual):
MCL-584, MCL-593-A, MCL-582, MCL-576, SP-2618, SP-3602 (2), SP-1270​
That includes the handwheel, both handles, the graduated collar, screw lock, and key for the collar.

View attachment 62986
Thanks.
Tony​

Just sent them an email. I saw a couple compounds on their list, but not just the handwheel. I may end up having to by a whole compound slide just for the parts I need. Oh well, such are the joys of owning a "vintage" machine tool.

Yaowww! Joe at Plaza emailed and said he has located a handwheel and other parts I need. He doesn't know the condition of them yet, but is asking $175 for it. I was really expecting somewhere in the $120 range, and thought that was high. Particularly since he lists on his site a full compound "with minor nicks" for $200 and one in "excellent condition" for $250. I guess I could buy a compound, take the handwheel, then sell the rest and recoup a little.

Thinking about it, that might actually be the way to go, once I actually get my hands on the lathe, particularly if the compound screw is worn or the slide is beat up.

I think I may try to make a handwheel first, though. If I'm not satisfied with it, I can always shell out the bucks and buy one.

The price you pay toown a vintage rockwell can be very pricey, I have been in Biddi g wars on ebay for compounds in excellent condition that has traveled north of 250 very fast. The price you pay for a highly sought after lathe.
Richard

I have located the handwheel parts I needed at a very affordable price, thanks to the RockwellLathe Yahoo Group. The handwheel and associated parts will need a little TLC, but for $25, I'm not complaining!

Back