Looking for information on PM-45m

@darkzero thanks for the link I'm about quarter way through the thread lots of cool tips in there so far! By any chance do you Remember what you paid for the machine and how long you be had it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks, old thread but I'm glad to hear it still may be of help to some. It could apply to PM932 users as well.

I purchased my PM45M-PDF in late 2012. Off the top of my head I don't remember how much I paid for it but I should still have the invoice somewhere.

The model you posted is not the same as mine. The model in your pic is the variable speed version with tapping feature. You'll notice the LCD display for the spindle RPM & the head only has one gear selector that is for high & low, spindle speeds 80-3000 RPM, 220V only (non variable speed could be wired for 110V). It also has the power downfeed quill. This model would be the PM-45M-PDFVS. That was pretty much the top of the line for the PM45 during that time, aside from the CNC version & optional cast iron base that were available later on.

The variable speed option was an additional $995. Easson 8A DRO installed was $749. So for the PM45M with power downfeed, variable speed, & DRO was $4143 with out freight back in 2012.

Good info never gets old ;) and thanks for the rough figures that's exactly what I'm looking for this machine is part of an estate sale that my buddy is organizing for an older woman so obviously I can come in at really any price I want since neither one of them really have an clue on the value of machine tools accessories and tooling, but I'd still like to give a fair price! I'm impressed at you knowledge of these machines from just a single frontal photo. From what I compared to the pics on the PM website I was thinking it was more in the 2200 range. But again thank you for all the great info! HUGE HELP!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back